TOM KERRIDGE’S CHRISTMAS AT HOME
It’s important to note that where stated below, the packaging that we have supplied can be placed in the oven or microwave, up to a temperature of 220°C for 30 minutes.
Total cooking time 90 mins.
Pre Heat Oven to 200°C
Cumberland Sausage Roll
- Take the sausage roll out of the fridge and place onto a baking tray and place into oven for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the sausage roll is heating through start work on the Salmon Tartelettes.
- Cut the end of the bag of potted salmon mix, large enough so the mix can easily fill the tart cases without squeezing too hard. Fill each tart case.
- Spoon the cucumber chutney on top of the potted salmon mix and finish by placing two small sprigs of dill on top.
- Arrange onto your serving plate.
- Once the tartelettes are done (this should take 5 minutes) you can add the gougères to the sausage roll tray and place back into the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Once the time is up, remove the tray from the oven and set the sausage roll aside to rest, then you can fill the gougères.
- Make a small hole in the bottom centre of each gougère.
- Snip the bottom of the truffle cream cheese bag and fill each gougère through the hole in the bottom, then add these to the serving plate.
- Once the Sausage Roll is rested
- Cut into six even slices. Turn each slice on its side so the sausage meat is facing up.
- Add a dot of the Date Brown Sauce on top of each slice, then add to the serving plate.
Turkey Breast and Leg
- Take the turkey breast and leg out of the packaging. Pre heat a thick bottomed pan, add the turkey leg and gently brown on all sides.
- Once browned add the turkey breast, skin side down. Add a small knob of butter and then place into the oven for 25-30 minutes until the skin is golden and the turkey is hot in the centre.
- Remove from the oven, turn the breast over, cover with tin foil and allow to rest.
- The potatoes can be roasted ahead of time and warmed just before dinner is served.
- Transfer the potatoes into a roasting tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn the potatoes and cook for a further 15 minutes. Turn them once more and cook for 10 minutes until golden all round.
- Remove from the oven and drain the excess fat. Sprinkle with a little rock salt and keep aside to be warmed before serving.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and add a little vegetable oil.
- Place the parsnips in the pan, flat side down and cook until evenly browned.
- Turnover, add a small knob of butter, allow to brown slightly then add the honey.
- Baste the parsnips in the pan, then place onto the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once browned, remove from oven and turn them over in the butter and honey mixture.
- Remove to a serving dish and spoon over the syrup from the pan.
- Remove the lid from the cauliflower cheese box, then place the box onto a baking tray.
- Place into oven for around 20 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower cheese is browned well on top and piping hot in the centre you can remove and rest.
Pigs in Blankets
- Place the pigs in blankets in the oven on a baking tray and place into oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once the pigs in blankets are browned all over, remove from the oven and keep to one side.
Sprouts and Chestnuts
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil in preparation for the Brussel sprouts.
- Fry the lardons gently in a pan on a medium heat.
- When the water is boiling, add the Brussel sprouts and cook for 4 minutes, drain well and add to the lardons.
- Gently break the chestnuts into halves into the pan.
- Finally add the sage butter to the pan and stir gently to melt.
Hand & Flowers Carrots
- Add the sachet of carrot liquor to a pan.
- Place the carrots into the liquor and heat gently whilst allowing the liquor to reduce and coat the carrots.
- Transfer the sauce to pan and gently warm through.
- Reheat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Once you’re ready to serve, simply flash all your delicious parts of the lunch through the oven and you are ready to go.
Christmas Pudding and Brandy Butter
- Remove all packaging from the Christmas pudding. Take the brandy butter out of fridge and allow to soften to room temperature.
- Heat the Christmas pudding in a microwavable container with cling film on for 6 minutes (based on 900W).
- Place onto serving dish and serve with brandy butter.
Caramelised White Chocolate Pebbles and Mince Pies
- Bring to room temperature before eating.